Wednesday 8 July 2015

New York: A Day Live Like In A Movie

A life for a girl to dream of is to wake up in the middle of her favorite movie scene. That’s what I feel today. After a night feeling so beaten off, I found the morning with more energy. Open the window with tall Empire State building just across my window. Look nicer in the night though. To another surprise, I stay just a block away from Flat Iron Mansion where Robert Downey Jr lives. Rumor has it, he often come down to the road of 5th Avenue for his coffee fix. A hopeful beat I get a chance to bump into him and ask for a kiss or two.


I'm a big sucker of American TV Series. The dangerous part of being in New York after a broken heart is certain streets and locations are off-limits. Especially those brings all the memorable scene of her favourite movie. It makes the city becomes a deserted battlefield, loaded with emotional land mines. We have to be careful where we had to. I blew one by heading to Upper East Side to find the infamous Serendipity III. It almost got me weeping. 

The namesake its remind me of one of my favorite movie “ Serendipity” with all those close to heart romantic scene. Serendipity III, I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed by the experience. The place is really cute with quirky design and novelty knick knacks all over the shop. And we of course rush for the frozen hot choco, which came out very quickly. Impressive looking and giant portion size. It was good, but no anything to write home about. We picked up one of the movie quote though. “ you don’t have to understand. you just have to have faith. Faith in what? Faith in destiny.



Riri believes in destiny and all those crazy concept that we aren’t not really responsible for the course our lives take. Me.. I don’t know. Maybe. It could make us feel good to let go off question why bad things happen to us. May be it’s also explain why my life tends to feel a little more random. But I couldn’t help but wonder, can you make a mistake and miss your fate?

We strolled along the Lexington Avenue. Passing people on the street rushing around looking for action, love and the world greatest chocolate chip cookie. My heart does a little dance. New York is everything you can imagine of. We stopped by at Dylan Candy Bar, largest candy store in the world and home to over 5,000 types of candy.. I bought a really big colorful lollypop. Not sure if I want to eat it. It’s just feel too whimsical. I couldn’t resist.

Bloomingdale is also another temptation. Only a minute later we giggled handing over the brown bag from the cashier. Girls and shopping, are they friend or foe? You never know!

Afternoon chilling at The Magnolia Bakery is one of the perfect ideas. Just walking in, I was overwhelmed with the scents of fresh baked cupcakes. We ordered some with vanilla and buttercream frosting. Then sit down near the window, pretend to be Carrie and Miranda from Sex and The City. Only later we realized none of us are Miranda-like! Little did I expect I would feel belong to New York instantly. But something for sure, those TV series is too close to our heart that made us part of their world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author