Tuesday 10 June 2014

Maldives: Escape to Paradise

After a rainy week in Phuket, I can't be more excited than keep checking on Maldives weather forecast. Bright, sunny day with 32 degree celsius. Well, I don't mind with a little bit hot day on the beach. I'm overwhelmed with this exhilaration too. It's no secret, this place is everyone's dream. That doesn't exclude me. In fact, it's been my top wish list. A kind of must-top-see before I die. I bet it is too for the whole passenger in the plan. I heard big whoaa sound and shutter camera clicks as we approach Hulehule Airport Island. Yes, who won't be mesmerised by this spectacular view! white island spreads across bright blue water carpets. I can't hide my smile for being super duper happy to be taken here. I've stolen my own honeymoon dream!

Clear blue water from above! How can I not be excited!

double decker speed boat.. but where is the red carpet?











What so special about Maldives is the way they make you feel like the A+ citizen in this world. First, its cost a fortune. Rumor doesn't lie. We hunted hard for resort good deal otherwise it will be too stretch for our wallet. It led us to Kurumba Resort. Second, they welcome you like you really belong here. Smiley immigration officer. They said " Welcome to Maldives!". Heading out, a big yacht from the resort is waiting at the jetty. Just for the two of us. With leather sofa, frangipani infused cold towel, cool refreshing drink. 20 minutes felt like a second. And here we are.. at Kurumba Island Resort. Our home for the next 7 days!!


Let's sail!
Kurumba is one of the oldest resort and pioneer to Maldives tourism. Built in 1972 by three local Maldivians through the belief that modern resort development should exist in harmony with the local environment. Looking at the surrounding here got me thinking about all those beautiful island in Indonesia. Maldives has 1,200 island and we have nearly 17,000 island. It think, we also have more than enough beautiful island with pristine beach. But i guess self sufficient island development is still a long way to go. As in Maldives, each island is autonomous. They generating its own power and water, and typically implements a kind of recycled energy program. There are also protected marine and land zones where development is restricted and, in some cases, forbidden, thus curbing an expansive and overwhelming surge of tourism development.

I wish time stands still and let me enjoy this place longer



Check in is very quick and convenient. Instead of to receptionist desk, the hotel staff guided us to guest waiting room with relaxing chair and nice view overlooking the sea. I also get another welcome drink. Coconut sorbet float. Really refreshing! 





Our room is in the second floor. A big one, bigger than my apartment. And it has outdoor bathroom. I like outdoor bathroom. It makes me feel really close to nature. David doesn't like it though. Anyway, he can own the inside bathroom with rain shower as he like. I don't mind :). We also have big balcony. Again bigger than my apartment balcony. From there we can see our front garden beach. Life is really good! This is one of the moment that I don't feel like to trade my life with anyone else.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Author