Monday 11 March 2013

Flores Day 4 - Traveller screams for a doctor


9 November 2011

I'm exaggerating. In fact, my throat burns. I lose my voice. I'm running out of medicine. I got fever last night. Not so sure if I can carry on the snorkelling plan. Let Giu goes alone. Only later on I realise  it isn't a good decision. The weather in Riung is so hot. With no aircond in the room, I feel even burnt up. I guess jumping to the sea is a lot better.

I was trying to find a doctor this afternoon. But there's no doctor in here. The hotel guy took me to a midwife instead. He said, she can also help when people get sick. I asked if he can take me to the hospital. Well.. I didn't know that the nearest hospital is in Ende. Another 7 hours drive back :(. Not so many option but … keep calm and eat chicken soup! 

Only in this situation we can really appreciate everything we have. Even if just a simple thing that we've taken for granted. Such as… cold drink water!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Author