Wednesday 26 December 2012

Simeulue Day One - With motorbike we find it all


Yes.. no need to hurry. Since Simeulue is not that big and it surprisingly has very good road infrastructure. A smoothly asphalted one. Way better compare to Jakarta. With a plus, nearly zero traffic. We need only to be careful not to hit goat or water buffalo that passing by sometimes.

I was pretty anxious before departure. Mostly it because of all the first-time-thingy. Flying with a really small plane. Visiting a strict muslim district. Travelling without much plan and information. But all the anxiety start fading away as go through moment by moment. 

The Susi Air flight wasn't as scary as I thought. The flight time from Medan-Simeulue is only 70 mins. The plane flew low that I could follow its shadow crossing Sumatera Island, Pacific Ocean and then entered the Island of Simeulue. At that time my anxiety started turning into excitement. I can never resist the picture of white sandy beach  and blue water. I do think that I was a mermaid back in my past time!



Mike was at the airport already when my plane landing. Luggage loaded very quickly and we headed to our home stay in Busung village. About 20 mins from the airport. We had a quick lunch, a refreshing tuna salad with cucumber… yummy! since I didn't get a chance for breakfast yet. Then.. we hit the road. No precise plan, just tour around and see what we'll see. Kind of like Che Guevara trip at The Motorcycle Diaries.

Simeulue isn't that underdeveloped. Surprisingly!. It has superb road. Smoothly asphalted one. Really perfect for bike riding. Telkomsel - the phone provider works pretty well here including its 3G service. But I tried not to get bothered so much with socmed update. The nature here is a lot more interesting than that.  And I want to enjoy, not to show off.

Green, white and blue are the colour of this island. The beauty of unguided tour is: we observe, we engage and we're surprised with what we find later on. This case works best for me.As we drove slowly, we sometimes stop just to see the wave line or the blue water. Then drive closer to see what it is. If it is swim-able or surf-able. Yes, nothing in hurry. Even when the rain showered us. There are the things amazed me on my first day in Simeulue:


Beautiful blue lagoon. I was screaming. so excited to see clear blue water of this beach. Unfortunately there's river stopping us from jumping out to the beach.



Goat fighting. Oh well, Mike as the animal expert told me they weren't fighting but playing and communicate to each other. Hmmm sounds like a hard core communication. So glad, it isn't the way human converse :). Otherwise I'll be the one in the corner crying.

And then.. this is what i was waiting for... beaaaaachhhh!!!




A white sandy one. Special with clear blue water and spicy wave. Pasir Tinggi Beach. It is located in the district of Teupah Selatan. Isn't it so tempting to swim and dive in? But look at the wave. It's really fierce. I had to be careful and keep my eyes on the wave. It was so much fun to swim, dive and jump.



Beauty of rainy day, there's something beautiful in the end. That's what wise man says. That's what I saw in this island: a rainbow!!!. With the nature around, it was just a picture perfect.




























HOW TO GET HERE:
  • Take the flight from anywhere to Medan.
  • Continue with Susi Air ( www.susiair.com). It's a quite convenience booking though rather manual than other online booking system. But officer was responsive. So, no worries.
  • Susi Air fly twice a day from Medan-Simeulue. Estimate cost is around IDR 480k -680k.
  • Accomodation: Nanik Busung Resort ( https://sites.google.com/site/busungresort) -- here you can just make yourself feel at home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Author