Wednesday 21 November 2012

Something Borrowed


Wednesday evening has become a little bit empty as I decided to skip Hacienda salsa session. Deep down, I kind of miss it. It has been a regular salsa session since the past 4 months. So it's quite a hole when I skip it. However, looking at the bright side, now I can revisit my old ritual of closing the day with romantic movie. I have some that I haven't seen yet, one of them is Something Borrowed. A movie based on Emily Griffin's novel.




If you're in search of inspiration about never give up of love, then this is a suitable movie. Though, I warn you there's a thin line between being persistant vs being stupid. The movie talked about Rachel White (Ginnifer Goodwin) who's been long time best friend with Darcy (Kate Hudson). Despite of the friendship, they both are competitive over each other. Most of the time, Rachel let Darcy win. Till one day, Darcy dated the guys that Rachel had a crush on with. Ohh.. I know, i sounds classic. It is :p.  The situation put Darcy in the cross road whether she'd better let Darcy marry this guy or she fight for the feeling she has for this guy. The story become more classic as this guy is actually has the same feeling... ok, ok. I don't need to tell the detail, right? as after all, you know what the ending is. It's just too predictable.

Nothing so special about the movie except the good casting. Dex (Colin Egglesfield), Darcy bf is a real hot one!. But he's a loser. He's got the feeling for Rachel, but he doesnt have gut to fight it and let Rachel carries all burden. Euyy.. not so a gentlement.



Nevertheless, I enjoyed the movie. Mostly because of the soundtracks. They are engaging and make me forget about the bad plot. Now i cant help youtube-ing them. Here is the list, in case you're also interested :)

  1. Running Around In My Dreams – Tyrone Wells
  2. Little Too Much – Natasha Bedingfield
  3. Poison & Wine – The Civil Wars
  4. The Longer I Run – Peter Bradley Adams
  5. Crank It Up (feat. Sherry St. Germain) – Hipjoint
  6. Groove Me – King Floyd
  7. Push It – Salt-N-Pepa
  8. Round Here – Pt Walkley
  9. How’s It Going To Be? – Pt Walkley
10. The World I Know – Collective Soul
11. Wanna Touch – Dj Axel

1 comment:

  1. I've watched the movie.... and I agree it's not so special.... but worthed enough to be watched....
    For me, the best romantic movie ever are Before Sunrise and Before Sunset.... I've watched it countless times and never got bored...

    ReplyDelete

Author