Tuesday 6 November 2012

Siena: Amore A Prima Vista


If you get water color set, you'll find one of the color name: Siena. It's a mix of yellow, brown and orange... or sometimes we call it earth tone: terracotta. Only later I knew it's also the name of beautiful city in Tuscany.




I went there in the middle of freezing winter. But it didn't make me enjoy Siena less. I just fell in love right after I stepped down from SITA bus I took from Firenze. It's amazing to see how the city is classic but also flirtiously modern. All buildings is preserved as the way it is from centuries ago, with its naked brick. I'm no running out of words to describe its beauty ( ugh hey, it's 11pm in here ha!), so I guess picture does it better. Muaaaahhh!!!

The big happy smile from Torre del Mangia. The tower was built to be the same height as the Cathedral of Siena, to make the point that the Church and State had equal power. Finger crossed the church read the sign ;)






Morning coffee at Piazza Il Campo. No bad coffee in Italy

Piazza Il Campo. Europe's medieval largest square and they still hold horse race Il Palio twice a year in this place. Watch out for their schedule: July & August every year!

one amongst hundreds narrow aisle. just get lost and find out the surprise. watch out with dog shit though :)

Kids handcraft at The Palazzo Pubblico (town hall)

Siena 180 degree 
Siena from top. labyrinth of small street with red brick houses






Add caption

Coins at the wishing well.  Not only me who wish to come back here
Antica Bottega Di Massimo Marchetti e Khalimova Galina is an old stone
fruit and vegetable shop located just beyond Piazza di Postierla on Via di Citta.



really want to steal this red mini cooper. just so cute like a toy

do you know why they call it sexy? look carefully on the pasta's shape


love the little garden at the balcony





PS: I'm thinking to name my daughter Siena... when I have one!

TO GET THERE:

  • From Firenze,  I took SITA bus. Located near central station Santa Maria Novella. Bus departure schedule is almost every hour. Tariff and detail : http://www.sitabus.it/wps/portal\
  • Accomodation: I stayed in Hotel Jane, Firenze. Basic, but clean. Not too far from the metro and bus stop. Link Address: http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/hoteljaneflorence.id.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author