Tuesday 6 November 2012

Paradiso Found at Cubadak Village


Blogging is an ecstasy. I'm suppose to draft another presentation for tomorrow. But hmmm.. I just can't help it again. I guess I can't keep it for later before mind stop wonders. So, let's keep typing.

It's about the trip I took back in 2008. The love of natures dragged my feet to the beauty of West Sumatra. All I know, this region has superb mountain and hill. Bukittinggi is every one know about. But I'm a beach girl. Any trip must involved sandy land for my bare toes. Googling and browsing, I was happy to pick West Sumatra for the trip destination. I won't talk about the the whole trip.. no time eh. I have to get to office soon. 

So, I'll save the rest and blog only the most special one today: Cubadak Paradiso Village. A real little heaven in the north part of West Sumatera.  It's a such a nice island. So secluded, two hours by car from Padang. Don't worry about a quite long land trip as the view a long the coastline of Carocok Beach is superb!


waiting for sunset

The island is managed by French couple :Dominique, Marco and one Italian guy which I cant remember the name. They serve themselves as the resort's host. Welcoming us when we arrived, gave the quick orientation about the island and during meal time.. they are the host who'll serve the foods and accompany you for light chit chat. I like this type of arrangement as it gives a chance for us to get to know other travellers briefly and shared laugh or stories. Like the time I was there, one of the guest was on his birthday. We celebrated it together in the common room with home made ice cream (made by Marco) and bottles of wine that this guest brought from Singapore.

Our home. No TV. No fridge.. but at least there's warm water and comfy bed

What I like about this island is of course the serenity. When I got a full chance to get off completely from outside world. It's nice to start the morning with a lazy walk on the white sand. Then put on mask and snorkle, playing with the fishes. Water is very clear. And then we spent the whole day with getting lazy by the beach. Literally getting lazy like lying on the sand and sleeping till sunbeam woke us up. 


Yellow flowers on the white sandy beach. isn't it pretty?
In the afternoon, Marco told us to go trekking to the jungle up to the hill. My first time doing jungle trekking without guide. But Marco convinced us it shouldn't be difficult nor scary as there are biologist doing survey on the species there and they have marked all the save path. The key just to look at the red signage on the trees. So, there we went. Following the track in the jungle, meeting wild mushroom, red berries, some cute birds and butterflies, naughty monkies, thousand -legs animal. 




Jungle trekking ain't ever an easy job
We kept walking up up and up. Feeling so strong and exhausted at the same time. It took about 2 hours to finally reach the top of hill and see breathtaking view of islands surrounding Cubadak Paradiso. From the top of the hill we could see compound of some small islands around Cubadak. I started singing alone.. I love the blue of Indonesia...Wonderful!

heavenly view. sweat is paid off
I don't know what fruit is this. they looks interesting

 ------------------

 To get there, simply contact : http://www.cubadak-paradisovillage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author