Tuesday 6 November 2012

Les Baux de Provence is really really Beau!


It's just true, once you get going, you keep going. I thought I'm sleepy. But scrolling through my travelling pics, I just can't help my self from having big smile and warm feeling inside. So, here I am for another blog post.

For sure travel as far is the thing that I will tell my kid(s) to do once they hit 16. Why 16? I think that's the best time to fall in love or search for love. As for me, travelling to South of France was a story of losing love and finding it again. Broke up with my boyfriend, I got so devastated and couldn't do anything but crying day-night. Then one of a friend said, travel cure a broken heart. Travel very very far where everything is foreign and you don't speak the language. The broken heart then took me to a small village in South of France, Tarascon. It was just a perfect place. Beauty of the surrounding made me forget about the blue post breaking up feeling. And I found a new love: Les Baux de Provence. The one that is really really "beau".

2 weeks in South of France and I went there 3 times. Yap. I couldn't had it enough. Whenever Fouquet family didn't have plan going out, I asked any of them to take me  here. I really love the atmosphere be it sunny, windy or cloudy ( been there, got all that!). I feel like jumping into time machine and voila! I'm in the Middle Age time. With the provencal color and scent. Am I living in a bottle of L'Occittane cream? I thought so!
Summer Smile 2006 :)

Les Baux village is one of the oldest village in France, exist even before centuries. Some says it's there as long ago as 6,000 BC. To get there, we had to drive up up up and up! And the white rocky hill all along the road amazed me. When there's sunshine, it's even more beautiful as I could see the rock reflects light and gave me this kind of goose bump.  Sebastien told me that this place used to be a plateau in the sea. Earth movement happen at pre-historical era brought it up to the surface. Probaably, at the expense of Atlantis being shinked down? May be. Just my guess.


The white rocky road. Good time to pass in is around 3-4pm when the sun is lower
First I entered the village, run of candy, nougat, cookies and dozen of sweet treat welcomed me. The color and the smell really teased me. A little sweet tooth in the candy land, how can I resist? until Seb had to remind me couple of time that we're just entered and there's a lot to explore. He's right then. There's plenty of beautiful things in this hill. 

Can you resist this sweet temptation? I couldn't!
My fave is the castle. What's unique here is that you can touch and climb on everything. It's rare these days when the official doesn't put too much restriction to the tourists. Some spots is quite difficult to climb, but yea.. no risk no fun, right?  Castle arrangement is pretty nice. The staff dressed up in  medieval style and acted like the one from this era. There was a lady performing archery and a guy launched something from the giant catapult.

The Castle Ruin  from long long time ago. Belong to Baux family.
watch out when you turn!
The Provencal charm
waiting for the sunset that didn't come
It was nice to just wander and lost ourselves in the small streets of Les Baux. Discover some little chapels.. also mentioned as the most beautiful ones in France.









At the end of the gate, I couldn't wait to have what i saw at the beginning: candies, nougat, madeline cake and a glass of wine while seeing the sunset. Awesomeness!!!










TO GET THERE:
All info about how to get there, accommodation and spots to visit is available in here: http://www.lesbauxdeprovence.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author