Wednesday 21 November 2012

a smile after the rain


Heavy rain. Bad traffic. Missing salsa class. Cancelled dinner.  I have all the justice to call it bad day.  Almost did it and cursing life. That was before I made up some calls to Garuda and Merpati. Checking if I can still refund my cancelled flight. I never put any hope if I’ll get my money back. But … I talked to a very helpful customer service from both airlines who gave me real good news. I swallowed my bad words as Merpati gave me 50% refund and Garuda let me to re-route the flight. Fiuuuu!! I can smile now!

So where I’ll go next? It’s a place called Simeulue. It’s OK if you don’t know where it is. Cuz I didn’t know either. Not until Mike keep talking about it and convinced me that I’ll have a lot of interesting to do there. For me it’s pretty ashamed when foreigner knows about my country better than me. This island is located at the outer part of North Sumatra. It has been very famous since tsunami 2005 and series of earthquake shaking this island. Forget about the scary part, this place is also known to have nice beach, surfing spots and lobster.


Why I choose to go there? It’s a simple reason: I have no idea at all about this place.  I have googled to get more information. Not so much. So, nothing’s better than just give it a shot and see what I’ll get. All I know is the place is still underdeveloped. So I’m thinking to bring some children books and see if I can set up children library later on.  A little thing to make the natives and  the traveller equally happy and rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author